*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.Jump to Recipe
Cookie Dough Protein Bars
Protein bars can be very expensive and honestly I don’t love how a lot of them taste. These Cookie Dough Protein Bars are easy, inexpensive and delicious!! The last year or so I’ve been making my own protein snacks. I absolutely love creating new flavors and types of snacks! They taste amazing and are much cheaper than the store bought versions.
Who doesn’t love healthy cookie dough? Even better when it’s no bake and has added protein to make it the absolute perfect snack! You can make these paleo and/or vegan depending on ingredients used (substitutes shown below).
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH PROTEIN BARS:
All you’ll need is a few simple ingredients, a mixing bowl, and bread pan. You’ll be amazed at how delicious these cookie dough protein bars are!
- almond flour
- vanilla pea protein powder
- I used Nuzest Probiotic Vanilla – “FIGGINDELICIOUS” for 15% off
- cashew butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- (dairy-free) mini chocolate chips
What I used:
- 9×5 Bread Pan
- My absolute favorite protein powder and the one I have used for almost 3 years is Nuzest. Specifically I love the Nuzest Probiotic Vanilla & the Nuzest Probiotic Cacao. For 15% off anything on the site, you can use code “FIGGINDELICIOUS”. It works perfectly in baked goods, smoothies, protein bars and balls and more!
- If this recipe isn’t reason enough to try out Nuzest, here are some of my favorite Nuzest recipes (hint: I use them in all my protein balls, bars, cookies and more!): Brookie Protein Balls, Cookie Dough Protein Bars, Monster Protein Cookies, Chocolate Protein Donuts, Cake Batter Protein Balls
- Any cashew butter can be used, but I love buying mine at Trader Joes or Whole Foods 365 brand
- Almond flour is a little on the pricey side, so I like to buy mine in bulk! You can find my favorite one here. This is especially great if you use almond flour often or plan to use it again in the future. If you need any ideas, below are some of my favorite almond flour recipes!
- You can use any chocolate chips you’d like. Since I don’t have any dietary restrictions, I often just buy these chocolate chips, however I also love these dairy-free chocolate chips. For sugar free chocolate chips, this is a great option!
NOTE: I have not personally tried these substitutes for this recipe and can’t guarantee they will work. I share substitutions in hopes to help those who need to make substitutions!
- in place of almond flour, you can try oat flour
- instead of honey, you can substitute for maple syrup or any liquid sweetener (you may just need to tweak the amount)
- I recommend using cashew butter, but you can sub for any nut/seed butter
- you can use any mini chocolate chips (some of my favorites linked above)
- I am not sure if whey protein will work in these, but you could try. I love this 100% grass fed vanilla whey protein because of it’s simple ingredients and great price
These could not be easier! They literally take 5 minutes to make and then you just have to let it harden in the fridge! First, line a bread pan with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour and pea protein together. In a separate bowl mix cashew butter, honey, milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to wet and mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Spread evenly across bread pan Refrigerate for 2+ hours or until firm. Cut into 8 bars & enjoy :)
Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup pea protein powder
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk almond flour and pea protein together. In a separate bowl, mix cashew butter, honey, milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the dry ingredients to wet and mix until well combined. If necessary, add 1-2 tbsp more pea protein powder to thicken batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Spread evenly across bread pan.
- Refrigerate for 2+ hours or until firm. Cut into 8+ bars & enjoy :)
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
I have several delicious snack and dessert recipes you may also love: No Bake Red Velvet Truffles (paleo, vegan), Lemon Protein Balls (gf, df, nut free), Cookies & Cream Truffles (gf, vegan), Cookie Dough Fudge Bars (vegan, paleo), Rocky Road Fudge Bars (vegan, paleo), Cinnamon Roll Muffins, Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins, Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet (paleo & vegan), Cookie Dough Fudge Bars (paleo & vegan), Double Chocolate Cookie Skillet (paleo & vegan), Lemon Bars (gluten-free), Flourless Zucchini Brownies (paleo) & more dessert recipes
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!