Cake Batter Protein Balls
I have made several protein snacks and these cake batter protein balls may be my favorite EVER!! They seriously taste like vanilla cake batter, but are sneakily filled with protein and simple ingredients! Reaching for healthy snacks at home or to bring on-the-go is no problem when they taste this good.
These cake batter protein balls are only made with 7 ingredients, take a few minutes to make and are vegan & paleo friendly! I love having quick & easy snacks on hand and homemade protein bars/balls have been my go-to the last few years.
What You’ll Need:
To make these Cake Batter Protein Balls, you’ll just need 7 simple ingredients and a few simple steps!
- cashew butter
- vanilla pea protein
- coconut flour
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- milk of choice
- white chocolate chips
- coconut oil
* Possible substitutes listed below. NOTE: I have not personally tried any of these substitutes for this recipe, however I believe they could work.
- if cashew butter isn’t your favorite or you have allergies, you could substitute any nut or seed butter, however it will change the taste
- any vanilla protein powder (whey protein, etc) should work, however you may have to tweak the amount
- if you don’t have coconut flour, you could try subbing 1/2 cup almond flour. Typically 1/4 cup coconut flour = 1 cup almond flour, but it does not always work.
- to make this truly vegan/paleo, you could substitute the white chocolate/coconut oil mixture for coconut butter
How To Make:
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps. All you have to do is mix the ingredients together, refrigerate & roll into balls! If you want to, dip in white chocolate and top with sprinkles, freeze until the chocolate hardens (only a few minutes) & enjoy!
Cake Batter Protein Balls
- 1 cup drippy cashew butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp pea protein
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil to help have smooth melted chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp sprinkles
- Mix together cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and milk. Add in pea protein and coconut flour, and mix until no clumps remain. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes, or until firm enough to roll into balls (the coconut flour needs some time to absorb the liquid).
- Roll into 16 balls (about 2 tbsp in size) and place on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate. Place each protein ball in the chocolate (individually is best), then use a fork to coat and finally, lift the protein ball with the fork, and hold over the chocolate bowl for a few seconds to let excess chocolate drip down.
- Add sprinkles over top, freeze for ~5 minutes, or until chocolate has hardened.
- Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator!
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
I have several delicious snack recipes you may also love: Lemon Protein Balls (gf, df, nut free), Snickerdoodle Protein Cookies (df, gf, paleo), Unicorn Cookie Dough Protein Balls (df, gf, paleo), Chocolate Protein Donuts (gf, df, nut free, paleo), & more snack recipes!
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!