This post is sponsored by FAGE; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins
These Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins are a must make! To me, the new year (or new decade in this case) doesn’t mean a new strict diet or crazy workout plan. I love that January is an opportunity to reflect and set goals for the new year, but I always strive to make my goals attainable (especially in relation to health/wellness).
Personally, I’m not interested in completely cutting any foods out of my diet, but I do love healthy swaps that still taste as delicious! Making healthier versions of various foods and treats is one of my favorite ways to maintain my health goals. I definitely still enjoy store-bought or restaurant food, but some foods I can make taste just as good (or better in my opinion) by making it at home with healthy ingredients. One of my favorite ingredients to use is FAGE Total 2% Plain Greek yogurt – I use it as a topping on chili or in baked goods (like this coffee cake recipe), to make delicious frosting, in smoothies, eat it plain with a spoon, and more! It tastes amazing, adds protein, and has live active cultures and is a good source of calcium.
These coffee cake Greek yogurt muffins are hands down one of the best muffins I have ever made. They have the same sweet and rich taste of coffee cake & are absolutely perfect for a weekend morning all cozied up with a cup of coffee (or on Mondays when I’m running out the door with coffee a muffin in hand).
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS COFFEE CAKE GREEK YOGURT MUFFINS:
All you’ll need is a few simple ingredients, two mixing bowls, muffin pan, and muffin liners (I love the reusable silicone muffin liners because they are so easy to use and the muffins never stick to the liners!). You’ll be amazed at how delicious these healthy coffee cake muffins are!
- Oat flour
- FAGE Total 2% Plain Yogurt
- Milk (of choice)
- Coconut oil
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Crumble – coconut flour, brown sugar, butter (or coconut oil), cinnamon
What I used:
- Premium Bakeware Standard Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup Baking Pan
- Reusable Silicone Baking Cups (12) – these are one of my favorite kitchen purchases ever! They are $8, super easy to wash and are perfect for muffins, cupcakes, mini cheesecakes and more!
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil, Unrefined Virgin, 14 Fl Oz
- I love oat flour because it is inexpensive, makes great baked goods and you can easily make your own if you want to! Either buy oat flour or blend gluten-free rolled oats until flour-like! My favorite oat flour to buy is this one from Arrowhead Mills. If I am making my own, I like using Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats
- Last but not least, I used my favorite Greek yogurt (for baking, smoothies or yogurt bowls) – FAGE 2%
NOTE: I have not personally tried these substitutes for this recipe and can’t guarantee they will work. I share substitutions in hopes to help those who need to make substitutions!
- If you want to make these vegan, you could try using non-dairy milk, unsweetened non-dairy yogurt and an egg substitute of your choice. My favorite egg substitute is flax egg(s), which is 1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 2 – 2 1/2 tbsp water (for 1 egg). You can also try applesauce (1/4 cup per egg and may want to add an extra 1/2 tsp baking powder) or banana (1 small ripe banana = 1 egg).
- in place of oat flour, you can try almond flour, all purpose flour or gluten-free all purpose flour
- instead of brown sugar, you can use coconut sugar
- you could easily use regular butter in place of the coconut oil
This recipe is so easy! First preheat the oven and add your silicone muffin liners to a 12 cup muffin pan. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together eggs and brown sugar, then mix in the remainder of the wet ingredients ( Greek yogurt, milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract) until smooth. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Combe the wet and dry ingredients and mix until no clumps remain. Fill each muffin cup ~3/4 to the top. Sprinkle crumble topping on each. Bake for 22-24 minutes, let cool & enjoy!
Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup FAGE 2% Total Plain Yogurt
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 5 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ½ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
Crumble topping (mix all together):
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add silicone muffin liners to a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Whisk together eggs and brown sugar, then mix in yogurt, milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until no clumps remain.
- Fill each muffin cup ~3/4 to the top. Sprinkle crumble topping on each.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes.
- Let cool & enjoy!
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
I have several delicious muffin and breakfast recipes you may also love: Cinnamon Roll Muffins, Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake, Mini Maple Vanilla Scones, Raspberry Yogurt Muffins, Chunky Monkey Muffins, Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet (paleo & vegan)
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!