Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
These blueberry cream cheese muffins might be the BEST blueberry muffins I’ve ever had, no joke! Honestly, it’s a close tie between these and my paleo lemon blueberry muffins – probably because they are basically the same recipe (main difference is those have lemon and these have cream cheese). Anyway, these blueberry cream cheese muffins are so soft and fluffy, with cream cheese in the batter and topped with a gluten-free streusel. Basically, meet your new favorite blueberry muffins recipe and the possible the only muffin recipe you will ever need!
I decided to add the cream cheese to the batter and you guys it is SO AMAZING. I have no idea why I haven’t been adding cream cheese to all muffins. It adds the most delicious flavor and makes the muffins so fluffy and moist. In addition, it pairs so well with the bursts of fresh blueberries. These muffins are gluten-free and refined sugar-free. They are made with simple, wholesome ingredients and there are several substitutes so hopefully you’ll have everything you need 🙂
What You’ll Need:
To make these Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins, you’ll just need 7 main ingredients and a few minutes of prep!
- oat flour
- whipped cream cheese
- milk (of choice)
- coconut oil
- coconut sugar
- blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- optional crumble on top: coconut flour , butter (or coconut oil), coconut sugar
* NOTE: I have not personally tried any of these substitutes listed for this recipe, however I believe they should work.
- you could try using almond flour or regular flour in place of the oat flour, but may have to tweak the amount
- to make these vegan, you could try vegan whipped cream like this and flax eggs
- butter should work in place of coconut oil
- if you don’t have coconut flour, you could use oat flour for the crumble, but you will probably need closer to 3/4-1 cup (instead of the 3 tbsp coconut flour)
How To Make:
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps. Basically, all you need to do is whisk together the wet ingredients, then add in the dry ingredients and blueberries. Finally, add to muffin tins lined with silicone muffin liners (I recommend silicone muffin liners like these $8 ones on Amazon) and top with the optional crumble! Lastly, pop in the oven & they’ll be ready to enjoy warm in about 20 minutes!
Additional Recipes You’ll Love
I have several delicious breakfast muffins or cookies that I think you’ll also love: Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins, Carrot Cake Muffins, Chunky Monkey Muffins, Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins (can also be made vegan) & SunButter Breakfast Cookies (vegan)
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffin
- 2 1/4 oat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries
Crumble (mix together):
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
* See notes for substitutions!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 12 muffin slots (I love silicone muffin liners)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, and whipped cream cheese until smooth. Then, mix in coconut oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour and baking powder)
- Add the dry mixture into the wet and mix until well combined. Gently fold in blueberries
- Fill each muffin cup mostly to the top. Sprinkle crumble mixture on top and extra blueberries (if desired).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes
* typically oat flour can be subbed for almond flour or regular flour 1:1
* sub 2 flax eggs for the regular eggs (2 tbsp flax seed meal mixed with 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp water, let sit for 10 min)
* vegan whipped cream cheese options should work in this
* typically coconut sugar can be subbed for brown sugar or regular sugar 1:1
* for crumble: you can use coconut oil in place of butter