The last several months I’ve been making muffins for Tom and I to have on hand for the week. I love creating new flavor combinations, and these carrot cake muffins are no exception. They are quick to make and a perfect easy breakfast or snack to have at home or to bring to work. These carrot cake muffins are moist, lightly sweetened, and have the perfect spice flavor.
- oat flour
- coconut oil
- coconut sugar
- unsweetened applesauce
- milk (of choice)
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- frosting: coconut butter, or desired frosting (cream cheese frosting would be delicious with these)
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut butter melted or desired frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place 10 silicone muffin liners in a muffin pan
- Whisk together eggs and coconut sugar, then mix in coconut oil, carrots, unsweetened applesauce, milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until smooth.
- Fill 10 muffin slots almost to the top. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, drizzle with coconut butter or desired frosting and enjoy