Mini Maple Vanilla Scones
How cute are these mini maple vanilla scones? They have a soft flaky center with crispy edges and overall are so buttery and delicious. I love a good scone and honestly thought there was no way I could make them as good as ones you buy at a bakery. Lucky for me and you, I was totally wrong. Tom even said these are the best scones he has ever had!
This recipe is made with simple ingredients you may already have on hand and only a few easy steps. You definitely won’t regret making your own scones!
What You’ll Need:
To make these Mini Maple Vanilla Scones, you’ll just need 10 total ingredients and a few simple steps!
- all purpose flour
- unsalted butter
- maple syrup
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- maple glaze: maple syrup, powdered sugar, butter, milk
How To Make:
Scones are way easier to make than you may think! You only need a few minutes and a few ingredients. To make, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon) and in a separate bowl the wet ingredients minus the butter (egg, milk, maple, vanilla extract). Cut the butter into very small cubes and mix into flour. Then, make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined (do not over-mix!). Transfer dough to a floured surface, flour your hands and separate the dough in two equal parts. Lightly knead and form each into a circle, about 1 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 8 equal pieces. Line all 16 on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Freeze for 20 minutes, then bake for 13-15 minutes. Top with glaze (optional) and enjoy!
Mini Maple Vanilla Scones
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter cold
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp maple extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Optional Glaze Drizzle (used for looks, not as much for taste)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, maple, and vanilla extract.
- Cut the butter into very small cubes and mix into flour. Then, make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined (do not over-mix!).
- Transfer dough to a floured surface, lightly flour your hands, and separate the dough in two equal parts. Lightly knead and form each into a circle, about 1 1/4 inch thick. Cut each circle into 8 equal pieces.
- Place the 16 mini scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 20 minutes. While freezing, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly brush each scone with milk. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Mix together glaze ingredients. Dip scones one at a time in glaze and place on cooling rack with foil or paper towel under it to catch any excess glaze.
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
I have several delicious dessert recipes you may also love: Cinnamon Roll Muffins , Cookie Dough Fudge Bars (paleo & vegan), Double Chocolate Cookie Skillet (paleo & vegan),Lemon Bars (gluten-free), Flourless Zucchini Brownies (paleo), Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet (paleo & vegan)
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!