Double Chocolate Skillet CookieJump to Recipe
This double chocolate skillet cookie tastes like a mix between a fudgy brownie and the best chocolate cookie you’ve ever had. Rich, decadent chocolate goodness baked in a cast iron skillet, topped with vanilla almond milk ice cream. If this isn’t what dreams are made of, I don’t know what is! It takes just minutes to whip together, has the most perfect texture, and is paleo and vegan (depending on chocolate chips and nut butter used). In short, you need this in your life.
I truly believe this will be a new favorite recipe for you guys too! The ingredients are simple, real food ingredients that you may already have on hand: almond flour, peanut butter (or desired nut/seed butter), brown sugar (or coconut or cane sugar), and flax seed meal (to make vegan friendly flax eggs, or you can use regular eggs). Each bite is packed with chocolate, chocolate chips, and melt in your mouth goodness. I certainly recommend eating this fresh out of the oven with some ice cream on top. Either way, grab a spoon and dig in!
If you want to share, this soft and chewy cookie skillet will sure to be a crowd pleaser. Or, you can keep it all for yourself (like I did!). Don’t let the two spoons fool you – I’m not planning on sharing this with Tom. Honestly though, I would share he just isn’t the biggest dessert guy (weird, I know!). That just means more cookie heaven for me.
What You’ll Need:
You only need a handful of ingredients, one mixing bowl and a fork to make your skillet cookie dreams come true!
- almond flour
- cacao powder
- cashew butter (can sub for any nut/seed butter)
- brown sugar (can sub for coconut sugar or cane sugar)
- flax eggs (don’t worry, I’ll teach you how to make these! Or you can use regular eggs)
- milk of choice
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- mini chocolate chips
Looking for other recipes that use similar ingredients? Check out my Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Fudgy Raspberry Brownies, or No Bake Cookie Dough Fudge Bars
Double Chocolate Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs *see note for how to make
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips plus additional to add on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 10″ cast iron skillet
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flax eggs, brown sugar. Add in peanut butter, milk and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Combine almond flour, cacao powder and baking soda. Add into wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Add mixture to cast iron skillet and spread evenly. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
*Flax eggs: 2 tbsp flax seed meal + 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp water. Mix together and let sit for 5-10 minutes.