gure class="wp-block-image size-large">
Quinoa Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 bag broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup red cabbage
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 eggs whisked
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- To taste: salt pepper, red pepper flakes
- Toppings: crushed peanuts and green onions
- Cook quinoa according to package
- In a large skillet, add broccoli, carrots, 1-2 cups water (enough to cover broccoli about halfway up). Bring water to a boil, and steam-sautee vegetables for 5-8 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Set broccoli and carrots aside, add 1 tbsp oil to skillet and saute onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add in peas and cabbage, and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in cooked quinoa, broccoli and carrots, as well as coconut aminos and spices. Mix until well combined
- Make a hole in the center of the skillet (push aside “rice” so you can see the bottom of skillet). Add in 3 eggs. Let sit for 1 minute, then gentle stir in a small circle (do not stir into the entire dish yet). Do this until egg is mostly cooked, then combine with the rest of the rice.
- Cook covered for 3-5 minutes. Top with crushed peanuts and green onions & enjoy! 🙂