Guinness Cupcakes with Baileys FrostingJump to Recipe
These Guinness cupcakes with Baileys frosting are so dang good! These are basically the most amazing St Patty’s Day treat but you can absolutely make them for any occasion. Rich chocolate cupcake topped with the most delicious Bailey’s buttercream. The muffin is not overly sweet but in combination with the buttercream it makes for the most delicious perfect pair.
Each bite is melt in your mouth goodness. I certainly recommend topping these with the Bailey’s buttercream frosting, but you could absolutely use any frosting you’d like!
What You’ll Need:
You only need a handful of ingredients to make your Guinness cupcake dreams come true!
- all purpose flour
- Guinness beer
- brown sugar
- cane sugar
- greek yogurt
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- Buttercream Frosting: unsalted butter (room temperature), powered sugar, Baileys Irish Cream vanilla extract
* Possible substitutes listed below. NOTE: I have not personally tried any of these substitutes for this recipe, however I believe they could work.
- you could substitute coconut sugar for the brown sugar and any granular sugar for the cane sugar
- instead of all purpose flour, you could substitute for 1-to-1 gluten free baking flour
- in place of greek yogurt, you could use sour cream
- for the buttercream frosting, you could leave out the Baileys Irish Cream
Guinness Cupcakes with Baileys Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup Guinness
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Baileys Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 – 1.5 oz Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Green sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F & line 12 muffin slots with silicone muffin liners.
- Cream together brown sugar, cane sugar and butter. Mix in egg, greek yogurt and vanilla extract until smooth. Finally, mix in Guinness.
- In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to wet and mix until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with batter
- Bake for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. To make frosting, use a hand mixer to cream the butter. Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time., then mix in Baileys and vanilla extract.
- Frost the cupcakes, top with sprinkles (optional) and enjoy!
Additional Recipes You’ll Love
I have several delicious muffins and desserts that I think you’ll also love: Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes, Cinnamon Roll Muffins, Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins, Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet (paleo & vegan), Mini Turtle Cheesecakes, No Bake Red Velvet Truffles (paleo, vegan), Lemon Protein Balls (gf, df, nut free), Cookies & Cream Truffles (gf, vegan), Cookie Dough Fudge Bars (vegan, paleo), Rocky Road Fudge Bars (vegan, paleo), & more dessert recipes
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!