*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.Jump to Recipe
Strawberry Lemon Cake Bars
These Strawberry Lemon Cake Bars are Spring in a nutshell! The lemon juice and zest perfectly brings out the sweetness of the strawberries making these a flavor party in your mouth. These healthy strawberry lemon bars are moist, bright and perfectly sweet.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these blondies and only about 5 minutes of prep time. Simple, delicious recipes are always my favorite! These cuties are also gluten-free, made with a mix of almond flour and coconut flour! As always, possible substitutions are listed below.
HOW TO MAKE (THE MOST DELICIOUS) STRAWBERRY LEMON CAKE BARS:
There are only a few simple steps in how to make strawberry lemon cake bars. Basically, you need a handful of ingredients and a mixing bowl to make your gluten free strawberry lemon blondies dreams come true!
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- cane sugar
- unsalted butter
- lemon (juice and zest)
- fresh strawberries
- baking powder
What I used:
- Glass 8×8 baking dish – I love this one because it is less than $14 and has a lid making it perfect to keep leftovers!
- Almond flour is a little on the pricey side, so I like to buy mine in bulk! You can find my favorite one here. This is especially great if you use almond flour often or plan to use it again in the future. If you need any ideas, below are some of my favorite almond flour recipes!
- Coconut flour is a lot more dense than almond flour and is often used in baked goods on it’s own or combined with other gluten free flours. I typically buy this coconut flour!
NOTE: I have not personally tried these substitutes for this recipe and can’t guarantee they will work. I share substitutions in hopes to help those who need to make substitutions!
- If you want to make these vegan, you could try using non-dairy butter and an egg substitute of your choice. My favorite egg substitute is flax egg(s), which is 1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 2 – 2 1/2 tbsp water (for 1 egg). You can also try applesauce (1/4 cup per egg and may want to add an extra 1/2 tsp baking powder) or banana (1 small ripe banana = 1 egg). Note: with this recipe, these substitutes may not work very well. Could be worth a try though!
- in place of almond flour + coconut flour, you can try all purpose flour or gluten-free all purpose flour. I would recommend trying 2 cups all purpose flour
- instead of cane sugar, you could try monkfruit or another granulated sugar
- you could try substituting the regular butter for vegan butter
- If you’d like to add a glaze, you could make one with a mix of mashed strawberries and powdered sugar
This recipe is so easy! First preheat the oven and add parchment paper to your 8×8 glass baking dish. In a medium mixing bowl combine butter and cane sugar, then mix in the remainder of the wet ingredients (eggs, lemon zest and juice) until smooth. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Combe the wet and dry ingredients and mix until no clumps remain. Fold in diced strawberries and evenly spread batter across the baking sheet. Bake for 37-40 minutes or until the sides are golden brown and the top is lightly golden. Let cool completely & enjoy!
Strawberry Lemon Cake Bars
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp coconut flour
- 8 tbsp butter softened
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cups sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter and cane sugar until smooth. Mix in the eggs, then the remainder of the wet ingredients (lemon zest and lemon juice) until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until no clumps remain.
- Fold in diced strawberries and evenly spread batter across the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 37-40 minutes or until the sides are golden brown and the top is lightly golden. Let cool completely & enjoy!
Additional Recipes You’ll Love
I have several delicious muffins and desserts that I think you’ll also love: Cinnamon Roll Muffins, Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins, Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet (paleo & vegan), Cookie Dough Fudge Bars (paleo & vegan), Double Chocolate Cookie Skillet (paleo & vegan), Lemon Bars (gluten-free), Flourless Zucchini Brownies (paleo)
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!
[…] looking for more Spring/Summer treats, you may love these Strawberry Shortcake Cookies , Strawberry Lemon Cake Bars, Carrot Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling, Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake, Vegan Mini Lime Cheesecakes, […]