I hope you love this Strawberry Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie as much as I do! *This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.Jump to Recipe
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
This strawberry chocolate chip skillet cookie is so dreamy and perfect for Summer! I love a good cookie skillet, and this is no exception. It is the most ooey gooey delicious skillet cookie you’ll ever taste (besides my OG birthday cake skillet cookie). Also, it happens to be paleo and vegan (depending on chocolate chips used). In short, you need this in your life.
I truly believe this will be your new favorite cookie! The ingredients are simple, real food ingredients that you may already have on hand: almond flour, cashew butter (or desired nut/seed butter), brown sugar (or coconut sugar), and flax seed meal (to make vegan friendly flax eggs, or you can use regular eggs). Each bite is packed with dark chocolate, fresh strawberries and melt in your mouth goodness. I certainly recommend eating this fresh out of the oven. Maybe with some ice cream on top too. Either way, grab a spoon and dig in!
If you want to share, this soft and chewy cookie skillet will sure to be a crowd pleaser. Or, you can keep it all for yourself.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SKILLET:
All you’ll need is a few simple ingredients, a mixing bowl, and an oven safe or cast iron skillet to make your skillet cookie dreams come true.
- Almond flour
- Cashew butter
- Brown sugar
- Flax eggs (don’t worry, I’ll teach you how to make these! Or you can use regular eggs)
- Milk (of choice)
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Fresh strawberries
- Chocolate chips
What I used:
- I used this Le Creuset cast iron skillet, but that one is very pricey. I have also used this Lodge cast iron skillet and it works perfectly (and is a fraction of the price).
- Almond flour is a little on the pricey side, so I like to buy mine in bulk! You can find my favorite one here. This is especially great if you use almond flour often or plan to use it again in the future. If you need any ideas, below are some of my favorite almond flour recipes!
- Any cashew butter can be used, but I love buying mine at Trader Joes or Whole Foods 365 brand
- You can use any chocolate chips you’d like. Since I don’t have any dietary restrictions, I often just buy these chocolate chips or these dairy-free chocolate chips. For sugar free chocolate chips, this is a great option!
- I teach you how to make the flax eggs in the notes section (just flax seed meal and water). Here is the flax seed meal I buy
NOTE: I have not personally tried these substitutes for this recipe and can’t guarantee they will work. I share substitutions in hopes to help those who need to make substitutions!
- you could try using all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour in place of the almond flour
- instead of brown sugar, you can easily use coconut sugar
- in place of the flax eggs, you can use two regular eggs
- you can substitute any nut/seed butter for the cashew butter (however, I do believe the cashew butter tastes the best).
This recipe only has a few simple steps. First, preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 10″ cast iron or oven safe skillet. Then, in a medium bowl, whisk together flax eggs, coconut sugar. Add in cashew butter, milk and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add in almond flour and baking soda and mix until well combined. Fold in strawberries and chocolate chips. Spread mixture evenly across the skillet. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips and strawberries on top. Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until edges are golden brown
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup cashew butter drippy
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs *see note for how to make
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4-5 large strawberries diced
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips plus additional to add on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 10″ cast iron or oven safe skillet
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flax eggs and coconut sugar. Add in cashew butter, milk and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add in almond flour and baking soda and mix until well combined. Fold in strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly across the skillet. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips and strawberries on top.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until edges are golden brown
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
I have several delicious snack and dessert recipes you may also love: No Bake Red Velvet Truffles (paleo, vegan), Lemon Protein Balls (gf, df, nut free), Cookies & Cream Truffles (gf, vegan), Cookie Dough Fudge Bars (vegan, paleo), Rocky Road Fudge Bars (vegan, paleo), & more dessert recipes
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!