Almond joys have never been very high on my personal list of favorite candy bars, but I do love almond butter, coconut, and chocolate (of course). If you love almond joys or just love the flavors in them like I do – then you definitely want to make these almond joy protein balls! They are no bake, flourless, paleo & vegan and make for the perfect afternoon snack (~6 g protein per ball).
I love making various flavors of protein balls/bars to have on hand for the week because they are so easy to prep and absolutely delicious – some of my other favorites are: unicorn cookie dough & snickerdoodle protein balls, birthday cake protein bars & pumpkin pie protein bars
These almond joy protein balls are made with 7 simple ingredient (that you may already have!) and take less than 5 minutes to make – my kind of snack!
- Almond butter – I used smooth but you could also use crunchy if you’d prefer
- Pea protein – my favorites are Nuzest USA “just natural” or “probiotic cacao”
- Cacao powder
- Maple syrup
- Milk (of choice)
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flakes – thinner ones are better!
Almond Joy Protein Balls
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup pea protein
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Mix together almond butter, maple syrup, milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in pea protein and cacao powder and mix until no clumps remain
- Make into 16-20 balls and roll each one in coconut flakes.
- Best kept in the refrigerator or freezer!
[…] Almond Joy Protein Balls […]