Moose Tracks Cookies
These moose tracks cookies are fluffy, delicious, and filled with melted almond butter cups and mini chocolate chips. Everything you love about moose tracks ice cream, but wrapped into a single serve cookie. Speaking of ice cream, these would taste absolutely amazing served with some!
They are made with simple, healthy ingredients & are gluten-free, dairy-free, and can be made paleo!
What You’ll Need:
To make these Moose Tracks Cookies, you’ll just need 7 main ingredients and a few minutes of prep!
- almond flour
- coconut sugar
- butter or coconut oil
- coconut cream
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- dark chocolate almond butter cups
- mini chocolate chips
* Possible substitutes listed below. NOTE: I have not personally tried any of these substitutes for this recipe, however I believe they could work.
- almond flour substitute – typically you can sub regular flour or oat flour for almond flour using a 1:1 ratio
- you could try using 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax seed meal mixed with 1/4 cup +1 tbsp water and let sit for 10 minutes) in place of 2 regular eggs
- cane sugar or brown sugar can be subbed for coconut sugar 1:1
- coconut cream can usually be subbed for condensed milk using a 1:1 ratio
- can substitute the almond butter cups for peanut butter cups
How To Make:
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps. Basically, all you need to do is whisk together the wet ingredients, then add in the dry ingredients and almond butter cups/chocolate chips. Finally, refrigerate dough then use an ice cream scoop to create large cookies. Add to a lined baking sheet (I recommend a silicone baking sheet like this set for $13 on Amazon), pop in the oven, let cool, and enjoy!
Additional Recipes You’ll Love
Here are a few more of my favorite cookie recipes : Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Healthier Tagalong Cookies, and White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, Birthday Cake Skillet Cookie (paleo), SunButter Breakfast Cookies (vegan), Snickerdoodle Protein Cookies (paleo & vegan).
Moose Tracks Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter or coconut oil melted
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbps coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6-8 dark chocolate almond butter cups cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Whisk together coconut sugar and eggs. Add in butter, coconut cream, vanilla extract & mix until smooth.
- Mix in almond flour and baking soda until no clumps remain. Fold in almond butter cups and mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes
- Using an ice cream scoop, make dough into 12 large cookies. If desired, add more almond butter cup pieces on top.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until top/edges start to become golden brown