Buffalo Cauliflower Chickpea Salad
Looking for a super easy and delicious lunch or dinner to meal prep for the week? This buffalo cauliflower chickpea salad is it! Use your favorite buffalo sauce (I used this vegan/paleo one) combined with my delicious ranch dressing for the perfect flavor combinations. All you need is few simple ingredients and about 20 minutes to make!
You can easily change up the ingredients and spice level depending on your preferences and what you have. For instance, you can use mild or hot buffalo sauce and you can either use unsweetened coconut yogurt in the ranch to make it vegan or use greek yogurt!
- can of chickpeas
- cauliflower head
- buffalo sauce
- romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- yogurt (unsweetened coconut or greek)
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- fresh chives and dill
- garlic cloves, paprika, onion powder, salt/pepper
How To Make:
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps. First, you’ll toss the cauliflower and chickpeas in oil and spices. Then, sauté for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower has softened. Remove from heat, add in buffalo sauce and mix well. To make the ranch dressing, blend together ingredients until smooth. Finally, chop the romaine lettuce, carrots, tomatoes and avocado and assemble salads! If you are not eating the salad right away, store the buffalo chickpea and cauliflower separately from the other salad ingredients.
Buffalo Cauliflower & Chickpea Salad (V/GF)
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- 3 large carrots
- 3 heads of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup yogurt unsweetened coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- In a large bowl, toss the chickpea and cauliflower florets with 1 tbsp olive oil and salt, pepper, garlic to taste.
- In a pan over medium heat, cook the chickpeas and cauliflower, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Stir every 3-5 minutes until cauliflower has softened. Remove from heat, add in buffalo sauce and mix well.
- To make the ranch dressing, blend together yogurt, fresh dill, chives, olive oil, ACV, water, garlic, onion powder, paprika and salt/pepper to taste.
- Assemble salad: chopped romaine lettuce, diced carrots, avocado, diced tomatoes, cauliflower, chickpeas and ranch dressing.
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
I have several delicious snack recipes you may also love: One Pot Taco Pasta (with meat), Vegan One Pot Taco Pasta, Couscous Greek Salad (vegetarian), Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (veg), Coconut Red Lentil Curry (veg), Tempeh Taco Salad Bowls (veg)
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!