One Pot Taco Pasta
Looking for a super easy weeknight dinner that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or time to make? This One Pot Taco Pasta will be definitely be your new favorite! Everything you love about pasta and everything you love about tacos in ONE BOWL. All you need is few simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand (ie: pantry staples like pasta, taco seasoning and canned diced tomatoes, & long-lasting produce like onion and green pepper).
You can easily change up the ingredients and spice level depending on your preferences and what you have. I used quinoa/brown rice pasta to make it gluten-free. You can use ground beef in place of the ground turkey, or leave it out to make it vegetarian / vegan. Also, the cheese is optional!
- pasta (of choice)
- ground turkey (or ground beef)
- green pepper
- can diced tomatoes
- taco seasoning
- chicken or veggie broth (or water)
- cheese (optional)
In addition to the fact that this recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, it is ready in less than 30 minutes and only utilized one pot. Less dishes and less prep work – woo!
How to make:
One pot pastas are my favorite because they are SO EASY and so flavorful. For this, all you have to do is sauté the onions first, then cook the ground turkey. Next, add in the peppers and cook until soft. Then, add in the tomatoes, broth (or water) and pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente and serve warm topped with cheddar cheese (if desired).
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 2-3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar) optional
- In a large cooking pot, add 1 tbsp oil of choice and onions. Saute until translucent (about 2-3 minutes), then add in ground turkey. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Add in green pepper and taco seasoning and saute for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes and broth (or water), and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta until well combined. Cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Serve warm, topped with cheddar cheese (if desired)
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
I have several delicious snack recipes you may also love: One Pot Vegan Taco Pasta , Couscous Greek Salad (vegetarian), Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (veg), Coconut Red Lentil Curry (veg), Tempeh Taco Salad Bowls (veg)
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!