Sourdough French Toast Bites (with Maple Butter Dipping Sauce)
These sourdough french toast bites are the best weekend breakfast or brunch! Everyone always talks about being team waffle or pancake, but I am 100% team french toast. Growing up, my Dad would often make french toast or cinnamon rolls on the weekends, and I believe waking up to the smell of cinnamon sugar is hands down the best way to wake up! If french toast is also a childhood favorite of yours, then I recommend you make these asap. They are so quick & easy to make, and the maple dipping sauce is the absolute perfect addition.
What You’ll Need:
To make this Sourdough French Toast Bites, you’ll just need 8 ingredients (if you make the maple butter) and a few simple steps!
- sourdough bread (or bread of choice)
- milk, of choice
- vanilla extract
- coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- Maple butter dipping sauce: coconut butter and maple syrup
How To Make:
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps. First, you’ll cut the sourdough bread into either cubes or sticks. Then, dip each piece in the egg mixture and cook over medium heat for 2 min per side. While those are cooking, mix together the maple butter dipping sauce. Once french toast is done, immediately toss each piece in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Finally, enjoy!
Sourdough French Toast Bites
- 4 slices sourdough or desired bread
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Maple Butter (mix together)
- 2 tbsp coconut butter melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Cut sourdough (or desired bread) into cubes or sticks.
- Dip each one (and both sides) in egg mixture. Add a little butter or coconut oil to a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan, cook each pice for ~2 min per side.
- Immediately coat in cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve with maple butter dipping sauce and enjoy!
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
Here are a few more breakfast or brunch recipes you may also love: California Breakfast Burrito (+vegan version), Savory Cauliflower Waffles, Sunbutter Banana Crepes, Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!