I hope you love this Healthy Lemon Loaf Cake as much as I do! *This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.Jump to Recipe
Healthy Lemon Loaf Cake
This lemon loaf cake with lemon icing is just like the one you love from Starbucks, but with a healthy twist. Buttery, moist and delicious cake with a perfectly sweet lemon glaze. It’s also made with simple ingredients and only requires a few minutes to make. Do I need to say more?
This easy lemon loaf cake is a must make! Make it for guests and the whole house will smell like fresh lemon. If you have leftovers (but I don’t think you will), enjoy a slice with breakfast or as a delicious snack or dessert.
Each bite of this cake is packed with fresh lemon, delicious glaze, and melt in your mouth goodness. You won’t need to buy the starbucks lemon loaf anymore!
HOW TO MAKE (THE MOST DELICIOUS) HEALTHY LEMON LOAF CAKE:
You only need a handful of ingredients, a mixing bowl and a hand mixer to make your healthy lemon loaf cake dreams come true!
- all purpose flour
- plain greek yogurt
- cane sugar
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
- Lemon glaze: powdered sugar, lemon, butter
What I used:
- 9×5 Baking Loaf pan – I love this one because it is nonstick, good quality and under $10
- You can use any all purpose flour that you’d like, I personally love this one.
- My favorite Greek yogurt is Fage 2%!
NOTE: I have not personally tried these substitutes for this recipe and can’t guarantee they will work. I share substitutions in hopes to help those who need to make substitutions!
- in place of all purpose flour, you could try using gluten-free all purpose flour.
- instead of cane sugar, you could try monkfruit or another granulated sugar
- you could try substituting the regular butter for vegan butter
- If you want to make these vegan, you could try using non-dairy butter, vegan yogurt and an egg substitute of your choice. My favorite egg substitute is flax egg(s), which is 1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 2 – 2 1/2 tbsp water (for 1 egg). You can also try applesauce (1/4 cup per egg and may want to add an extra 1/2 tsp baking powder) or banana (1 small ripe banana = 1 egg).
- ***Note: with this recipe, these substitutes may not work very well.
This recipe comes together in just a few minutes. First, you’ll cream together the sugar and softened butter. Then, beat in eggs and greek yogurt. Add in lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in ~1/2 cup of flour mixture at a time. Do not overmix. Finally, pour batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake @ 350 for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let the loaf cool completely. Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and butter until smooth. Pour evenly over loaf, slice & enjoy!
Lemon Loaf Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 large lemon juice & zest
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add in eggs and Greek yogurt and mix until smooth. Finally, add in lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and mix.
- Mix in ~1/2 cup flour along with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then, mix in the remaining flour ½ cup at a time. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 45-52 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool for at least 30 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and allow to cool completely in the parchment paper before glazing.
- For the glaze: in a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice and melted butter until smooth and combined.
- Evenly spread or drizzle glaze over loaf before slicing and serving.
Additional Recipes You’ll Love
I have several delicious muffins and desserts that I think you’ll also love: Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes, Cinnamon Roll Muffins, Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins, Mini Maple Vanilla Scones, Raspberry Yogurt Muffins, Chunky Monkey Muffins, Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet (paleo & vegan)
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!