Caramel Cookie Dough Bars
These Caramel Cookie Dough Bars are one of my all time most popular recipes for good reason! They are made with just 7 ingredients, are paleo and vegan friendly & insanely delicious!
What You’ll Need:
You only need a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps to make these amazing Caramel Cookie Dough Bars!
- almond flour
- coconut oil
- coconut milk
- maple syrup
- cashew butter
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
* Possible substitutes listed below. NOTE: I have not personally tried any of these substitutes for this recipe, however I believe they could work.
- you could most likely substitute honey or a granulated sugar for the maple syrup
- instead of coconut milk, you should be able to use any milk
- in place of cashew butter, you could use any nut/seed butter
How To Make:
This recipe has a few different steps, but I promise it is very easy to make and well worth it! First, you’ll make the dough layer by mixing together the wet ingredients then adding the dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and evenly press down cookie dough across bottom. You’ll freeze that layer while making caramel layer. For the caramel, you’ll bring the ingredients to a boil, then simmer. Combining that mixture with the cashew butter is what will make it caramel texture. Pour the caramel over the cookie dough and freeze for 2-3 hours. Finally, you’ll just have to melt the chocolate layer and add to the top. That layer will freeze quickly, then cut and enjoy!
Caramel Cookie Dough Bars
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp coconut milk or milk of choice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup cashew butter can sub for any nut/seed butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk any milk should work
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine wet ingredients for cookie dough, then add almond flour, then chocolate chips.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and evenly press down cookie dough across bottom. Freeze while making caramel layer
- Bring the coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes stirring every few minutes. *The mixture does not need to be thick like caramel for this recipe! Combine the caramel mixture with cashew butter.
- Pour over cookie dough layer & freeze for 2-3 hours
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil, pour evenly over caramel, sprinkle with sea salt & freeze until chocolate hardens.
- Cut into 16+ squares and enjoy! 🙂
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
I have several delicious snack and dessert recipes you may also love: No Bake Red Velvet Truffles (paleo, vegan), Lemon Protein Balls (gf, df, nut free), Cookies & Cream Truffles (gf, vegan), Cookie Dough Fudge Bars (vegan, paleo), Rocky Road Fudge Bars (vegan, paleo), & more dessert recipes
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!