One Pot Spicy Rigatoni
Looking for a super easy weeknight dinner that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or time to make? This one pot spicy rigatoni pasta will definitely be your new favorite! All you need is few simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand (ie: pantry staples like pasta and tomato paste & fridge staples like milk and butter).
You can easily change up the ingredients and spice level depending on your preferences and what you have. I used regular rigatoni pasta, but you could use any quinoa/brown rice or other gluten-free pasta. To make this recipe dairy-free, all you have to do is used non-dairy milk and vegan butter and skip the parmesan cheese for serving!
In addition to the fact that this recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, it is ready in less than 30 minutes and only utilized one pot. Less dishes and less prep work – woo!
- rigatoni pasta
- tomato paste
- milk (of choice)
- garlic cloves
- red pepper flakes
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese
How To Make:
This recipe comes together in just a few simple steps. First, you’ll sauté the diced shallots and minced garlic. Next, you’ll mix in the tomato paste and butter. Then you’ll add in the water, milk, red pepper flakes and uncooked pasta. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes. You’ll want to stir frequently so the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. If necessary, add 1/2 cup additional water. Serve with freshly shredded parmesan and that’s it!
One Pot Spicy Rigatoni
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 shallot
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese optional
- Heat oil in a large cooking pot over medium heat. Add diced shallots and minced garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until translucent. Mix in tomato paste and butter.
- Add in milk, water, red pepper flakes and dry rigatoni pasta. Stir until well combined. Bring to a boil, then turn to medium-low heat and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Stir frequently so the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom and if necessary, add 1/2 cup additional water.
- Serve warm with fresh parmesan cheese.
Additional Recipes You’ll Love:
I have several delicious snack recipes you may also love: One Pot Taco Pasta (with meat), Vegan One Pot Taco Pasta, Couscous Greek Salad (vegetarian), Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (veg), Coconut Red Lentil Curry (veg), Tempeh Taco Salad Bowls (veg)
I always love knowing when you guys make (and love) my recipes – so tag me or send me a message on Instagram, or leave a reply/rating below! Also, you can find this recipe, as well as all of my others, on Pinterest (click the photo below to Pin)!