Somehow I have never made a mug “cake” until today, but I have a feeling it won’t be my last! I’ve been mostly eating the frittata and potato “bagels” for breakfast this week, but this morning I was craving something different. I wanted something quick and a little sweet, and a few minutes later this super easy chunky monkey french toast in a mug was born.
Single serve, simple ingredients, no clean up, ready in less than 5 minutes!
- Sourdough (or desired bread)
- Milk of choice
- Maple syrup
- Optional (but not really optional): banana slices, mini chocolate chips, nut/seed butter
Chunky Monkey French Toast in a Mug
- 1 piece sourdough (or desired bread) 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: banana slices, mini chocolate chips & nut butter drizzle
- 1. In a 12 or 16 oz mug, whisk together egg, milk, maple & cinnamon.
- 2. Add in the diced sourdough, mix gently to allow all pieces to soak in the egg mixture. Let sit for 1 minute before putting in the microwave.
- 3. Microwave for 1:30-2 minutes, stopping every 45 seconds (just for a few seconds) so nothing explodes
- 4. Top with banana, chocolate chips & nut butter drizzle